Romantic Getaway Ideas
for Two this Fall
by Lori Ramsey
As the temperatures fall outside, it is the perfect time to warm up to a romantic fall getaway for two in Michigan. Here are five great ways to get cozy this season.
Enjoy Michigan Fall Colors
Seeing the lovely colors of autumn is a favorite for many romantics all over the state. Michigan offers a spectacular show of fall color bursts. The color show starts in the north and works down to the Lower Peninsula with exception to the areas surrounding the Great Lakes. The fall color shows later in those areas.
The fall colors begin in the middle of September in the Munising, Newberry, and Grand Marais area. The breathtaking beauty and contrast of the red, orange, and yellow leaves to the cool blue-greens of the Great Lakes is absolutely spectacular. Mix in the lovely rich greens of the evergreens and the stark white of the white birch trees and you have a canvas worth photographing. The lovely changes take place, heading southward all through October.
The final fall showdown occurs in the Bloomfield Hills, Brighton, and Flint area. This final loop creates 150 miles of gorgeous colors. No matter where you live in Michigan, the beautiful fall colors will show sometime from mid-September to late October. Plan a weekend to enjoy the colors and the great towns along the way.
Bed and Breakfasts are Great Fall Hide-A-Ways
If you are looking for the perfect place for a cozy getaway, a bed and breakfast may be just what you need. Here are some that you may not have heard about, but might make a great spot for the two of you.
- A wonderful romantic country atmosphere awaits the couple at A Country Place B&B located less than a block from Lake Michigan in South Haven. This beautiful 100-year-old Greek revival sits on a couple of country acres for your romantic walks and stroll own down to the shores of Lake Michigan. Each morning you receive a big country breakfast of homemade baked goods.
- At Amanda’s Bequest Bed & Breakfast, couples will find ultra comfortable and cozy rooms just a short jaunt from the beautiful White Lake in Montague. Here couples can either take strolls through the lovely beachside towns or hop on bikes and enjoy cycling through the trails. The farm style B & B is a short distance from small town shopping and boating. The breakfasts boast farm fresh and hearty foods.
- For an island adventure, try Cloghaun Bed & Breakfast on Mackinac Island. This tranquil setting offers couples a romantic getaway on an island that just exudes peace. You will feel like royalty surrounded by the beautiful antiques of the 1800′s. Not only will you enjoy a delicious breakfast that morning, but afternoon tea as well.
- The Hills of Lakeview Bed & Breakfast Resort in Lewiston is another favorite romantic spot. This B& B sits on top of a northern Michigan hill giving you a breathtaking view of the world below. The rooms offer modern amenities with old world styling.
These are just some of the many bed and breakfasts located across Michigan, just waiting for you to discover a romantic getaway.
If the outdoors are not for you but you are a couple that enjoys the excitement of gambling in the Las Vegas, there are some great options for you.
- Try the MGM Grand Detroit in Detroit offers a romantic casino getaway. The luxurious rooms are inviting and comfortable. The casino is host to restaurants to satisfy the hunger urges. Their jewel is Immerse, a spa that rejuvenates the body, mind, and spirit. Be pampered as a couple after a day of fun gambling.
- Another romantic casino in Detroit is the MotorCity Casino Hotel. A couple can take a well-deserved break as they relax in the indulgence spa and then catch a flick at the “intimate theater.” Spend the weekend playing the slot machines, being pampered in the spa and enjoying a movie in the theater.
- The Four Winds Casino Resort in New Buffalo offers an elegant and luxurious experience of fun gambling coupled with a thriving nightlife. If you enjoy dancing, dining, and staying out late, you will have a great time here. The hotel rooms offers a comfortable stay for the moments you need some alone time too.
No matter which Michigan casino you choose, you are sure to have a great time for just the two of you.